The Government of India Scholarships for Indonesian Students
The Government of India offers, every year, 20 scholarship slots to meritorious students from Indonesia to pursue their higher studies in Indian universities and colleges. The scholarships are granted for studies at Undergraduate & Post-graduate levels and in research subjects under M.Phil. and Ph.D.
The scholarships are administered by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) under its General Cultural Scholarships Scheme (GCSS). Applications for scholarships under this scheme are invited in the month of November- December every year. These scholarships are also available for nationals of Timor Leste.
Applications need to be submitted to the Embassy of India in Jakarta only and not direct to ICCR or the concerned University.
Under the Scheme, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, accommodation charges, Tuition Fee and other benefits, including medical and study tour to the students selected for scholarships are provided. However, the cost of air passage to India and back is not covered.
Scholarships are offered to Indonesian students for study at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including Master and Doctoral programmes. Students applying for the award of scholarship must pass the English Proficiency Test to be conducted at the Embassy of India in Jakarta. The scholarship will cover tuition fees, living allowance, accommodation charges, contingent grant and other benefits. However, the cost of to and fro air passage to India is excluded. Scholarships are not provided for medicine (MBBS), dentistry (BDS), nursing & other courses related to medicine.
The Government of India scholarships are provided by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) through its General Cultural Scholarships Scheme (GCSS) for the year 2013-14.
The scholarships are offered to meritorious Indonesian students to undertake higher studies in India under undergraduate (S1), post-graduate (S2) and Ph.D. (S3). Students can opt for any course in the fields of arts, performing arts, architecture, literature, commerce and science; degree courses in engineering and agriculture; and doctoral and post-doctoral courses in various disciplines. Government of India will provide living allowance, contingent grant, accommodation charges, tuition fee and other benefits, including expenses on medical treatment and study tour to the students selected for the scholarship. However, the cost of air passage to India and back for all students and expenses on laboratory chemicals and related incidentals for science stream students would have to be borne by them or by their sponsors. Scholarships are not provided for medicine (MBBS), dentistry (BDS), nursing & other courses related to medicine.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible to apply for ICCR scholarship, you must:
- be an Indonesian national;
- be usually and currently resident in Indonesia;
- not have permanent resident status for any other country;
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencement of scholarship in India; not currently hold a scholarship from ICCR under GCSS;
- not availed of a scholarship from ICCR under GCSS;
- priority will be given to candidates who have not had scholarships and have not been awarded scholarship previously to study in India;
- be applying to commence a new course of study at a level higher than your current qualification;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the year in which it is offered (2013); and
- for civil servants, be endorsed by your sponsoring organization, i.e. Ministry, Department, statutory authority, agency.
- all applicants must have very good English language skills;
- to verify the English language competency, an English Proficiency Test will be conducted at the Embassy of India in Jakarta on February 28, 2013;
- only those candidates whose Application Forms and Documents have been found to be in order will be eligible for appearing in the English Proficiency Test;
- all applicants for M.Phil, Doctorate (Ph.D), Post-doctorate Research, Casual Research or Architecture would need to submit a synopsis of the proposed area of research;
- applicants for post-graduate study must already hold a recognized under-graduate degree (S1) with good academic record;
- applicants for doctorate (Ph.D) must already hold a recognized Master’s degree (S2) with good academic record;
- applicants for studying performing arts would need to submit video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
In addition, all applicants must:
- be committed to return to Indonesia upon finishing their course of study
The closing date for applications is Friday, 15 February 2013
Applications should be submitted to the Education Wing, Embassy of India,
Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav. S.1, Kuningnan, Jakarta Selatan 12950
Tel: (62-21) 520 4150/52/57/526 4931 & 521 3775
Fax: (62-21) 520 4160 & 526 5622
For more information, please visit official website.
Sumber : Pusat Informasi Beasiswa.com
Baca Juga Artikel Lainnya :
- » Tawaran BPP-DN untuk Dosen dan Tendik Tahun 2015
- » Tawaran Beasiswa New Zealand Asean Scholarships Tahun Akademik 2016
- » Tawaran Beasiswa dari Pemerintah Turki (Turkiye Burslari Scholarships) Tahun 2015
- » Pendaftaran BPP-DN Dimulai 23 Maret 2015
- » Tawaran Beasiswa New Zealand Asean Scholarships 2016
- » Tawaran Beasiswa dari University of Lahore (UOL) Pakistan
- » Tawaran Beasiswa S2 di Mandar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi
- » Tawaran Beasiswa Program Magister menuju Doktor untuk Sarjana Unggul (PMDSU) BATCH II Gel. ke-2
- » Beasiswa Korea Advance Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- » Penerimaan Pendaftaran Beasiswa PKPI/Sandwich-Like Tahun 2015